Sunday, January 3, 2010

~ Opera Gown ~

My favorite types of sewing jobs are the ones where someone sends you their idea for an outfit and asks you to make it a reality. About a month ago, I got an assignment to make a silk and lace opera dress from the 1860's for an American Girl doll. She sent me a sketch and my job was to take it from there.

Countless hours, plenty of pleats and gathers later, I have the finished product...



6 comments:

Daniel and Clara said...

wow, that is incredibly beautiful! What a talent you have! Keep it up! :)

Aliisa said...

BEAUTIFUL!! You are very talented!

I've been a "lurker" for quite some time, and always admired all your creative projects!

Aliisa

poetic_capture said...

Both the pictures and the gown are stunning!! Great job on both.

Anonymous said...

Love it!~Mrs. T

Sandie said...

What a lovely dress!!! =]

Morgan said...

How lovely! Great job Micah!